a Photoblog to end Domestic Violence—
WARNING: If you attempt to hover over every image
on this page in one sitting, you will fry your brain.
Pat: Why are you wearing HotPeach?
T: For the same reason, if you're going to wear a garbage bag, it should be a HotPeach garbage bag.
P: Do they make HotPeach garbage bags?
T: Yeah. At Halloween. With pumpkin faces.
P: If I was wearing one of those, the pumpkin face would be upside down.
T: Yeah, that would look weird.
the HotPeach Games saves lives The fictional Katniss Everdeen ignites a revolution, then, as the Mockingjay, fans the flames. If the real-life Jennifer Lawrence wore HotPeach in public every day for a year, she could ignite and inspire an information uprising to end domestic violence, globally, in this decade.
Jennifer Lawrence for HotPeach J!
1. Imagine a world in which every single woman and girl on the planet has access to violence information in her own language, and violence support in her own neighbourhood. That’s where the Hot Peach Pages is headed!
Click for the 'Domestic Violence Help' page on the Ellen DeGeneres Show website.
The amazing HotPeach Man standing beside the amazing Stone
Spider-Man agrees to be HotPeach Spider-Man for a whole year!
Isn't he amazing?!
Kevin and Jenna got married!
2. The HotPeachPages lists domestic violence agencies for every country in the world.
Claudia Black as Vala Mal D'Orange on Stargate SG-1
Paul Williams has had a resource website with information on domestic violence. He's also written a lot of great songs, including:
- We’ve Only Just Begun,
- An Old Fashioned Love Song, and
- Rainy Days & Mondays.
Michael Bolton Charities:
dedicated to the assistance of
children and women "at risk."
"Eminem's Love The Way You Lie is the type of track that will do more than just become a hit on the radio. It will:
- give girls (and guys) in troubled relationships something to think about.
- get played at schools and shelters and on the radio and generate discussion.
- make a difference."
—Chris Yuscavage article
'One Less Lonely Peach'
Oprah: If a man hits you once, he will hit you again. He WILL hit you again!
3. The HotPeachPages has abuse information in over 110 languages.
The Salma Hayek Foundation supports organizations giving aid to and raising awareness for battered women.
HotPeach Legs! by Charlize Theron
This little girl grew up to build the HotPeachPages website. This picture was taken when she was 5 years old and wanted to to be a cowgirl. That's her brother. Their mother's favourite colour was, and still is, HotPeach. (Mom calls it orange, though, for some reason. Anyway, look at me, mom, I'm standing between Charlize and Nicole!)
Nicole Kidman: "In my role as UN Women Goodwill Embassador, I am especially interested in helping give visibility to the pandemic of violence against women."
Nicole Kidman, international spokesperson for 'Say NO—Unite to End Violence against Women'.
4. Every woman has the right to be sexy, sensual, sultry & SAFE, all at the same time.
... and her new tattoo.
HotPeach loves Megan's thumbs ...
Megan Fox donated her paycheck from the Love the Way You Lie video to a center for battered women in Santa Monica, California.
5. Help end violence against women. Tell everyone you know about the HotPeachPages.
Cameron Diaz is so peachable!
Reese Witherspoon & AVON:
Committed to reducing Domestic Violence with the Empowerment Collection
6. hotpeachpages.net! In the entire history of the world, who would ever have guessed that six syllables would become the key to so much empowering and accessible information for so many women, and in so many women's voices?!
President Obama: “We need to make sure every victim of domestic violence knows they are not alone; that there are resources available."
HotPeach says: "Mr. President, if everyone in America knew about the HotPeachPages, every victim would know there are resources available—and how to contact them."
First Lady Obama: Women are not second-class citizens. Abuse of women is a violation of human rights.
Nelson Mandela served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. The South African Domestic Violence Act of 1998 was perhaps the most expansive legislation in the world at the time.
Oprah: Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have.
Desmond Tutu doing the
HotPeach dance: “You are
a weak man if you use your
physical superiority to
assault and brutalise
7. More and more leaders around the world are joining the struggle. More and more individuals understand that any abuse of any woman is intolerable.—UN Deputy Secretary-General Asha-Rose Migiro
Peaches of the Year: Bill Gates, Bono, Melinda Gates
TIME Magazine 2005
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation:
funding groups that work with survivors of Domestic Violence
Dalai Lama: "Red, yellow, HotPeach—I wear them all. HotPeach is my favourite."
HotPeach luvs the suit, Hil.
8. When women's lives are violence free, their families will flourish. And when families flourish, communities and nations will flourish. The world will flourish. —Hillary Rodham Clinton, 1995, Beijing
Malala Yousafzai is a 16-year-old Pakistani activist who has been speaking out loudly for education rights for girls since she was 11. In October 2011, she was nominated for the International Children's Peace Prize. On 9 October 2012, she was shot in the head in an assassination attempt by theTaliban. Armed, masked gunmen boarded her school bus and one shouted "Which one of you is Malala? Speak up, otherwise I will shoot you all."
The Crown Jewels, peached!
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s 'UNiTE to End Violence against Women' campaign aims to eliminate violence against women and girls in all parts of the world. Ban Ki-moon Says NO to violence against women.
Council of Europe's Ad Hoc Committee on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence.
9. There is one universal truth, applicable to all countries, cultures and communities: violence against women is never acceptable, never excusable, never tolerable.—UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
Left to right: Bandana Rana, President, Saathi; Ted Turner, CNN founder and UN Foundation chairman; H.R.H Princess Cristina of Spain; President of the UN General Assembly Joseph Deiss; UN Women Executive Director Michelle Bachelet; UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon; Mrs. Ban Sook-taek; UN Deputy Secretary-General Asha-Rose Migiro; Permanent Representative of Nigeria and President of the UN Women Executive Board 2011, Ambassador Joy Ogwu; Juju Chang, news anchor for ABC’s Good Morning America; Former Commander of the all-female Formed Police Unit in Liberia Rakhi Sahi; and Geena Davis, Academy Award-winning actress and founder of non-profit organization Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media.
10. The global pandemic of violence against women also translates into major economic and productivity costs, billions of dollars drained from public budgets, and erosion of efforts at poverty reduction and at development—costs that could all be averted through primary prevention.
—UN Women Executive Director Michelle Bachelet
HotPeachChic HotPeachChic HotPeachChic HotPeachChic
What if fashion designers created HotPeachChic to help peach the world?
hover over an image on the left.
Profound, chilling words from a Belize Domestic Violence Training Manual:
This manual is only a beginning. It will give you the facts you need to know, tips on how to council, a rundown on the resources available in your community, and more. What it will not give you, what it cannot give you, is the look of pure fear in the eyes of a woman living with abuse, the blue and purple swollen face of a woman who’s husband threw a pot at her head last night, the tears of a child who has watched his father beating his mother almost to the point of death. These are things you will be faced with as a counselor that no one can prepare you for.
11. Never think that a few caring people can't change the world. For indeed, that's all who ever have.
(Hey, mom, I'm surrounded
12. What if every day, every celebrity in the world wore something with hotpeachpages.net on it, until every woman and every girl in the world knew about the HotPeachPages? If I was a celebrity, I'd do it. How hard could it be? It's only 16 letters and a dot.
13. I think we’re at a time where people just want to come together and cause change. People don't want to live like this any more.—Charlize Theron, United Nations Messenger of Peace
Beyoncé: peach in the oven!
HotPeach Elizabeth & Jennifer!
Hot HotPeach Megan!
plus 5 more peach dresses—of a different colour
HotPeach Jenny Packham dress!
peach on fire
The fictional Katniss Everdeen ignites a revolution, then courageously fans the flames as the Mockingjay. If the real-life Jennifer Lawrence wore HotPeach in public every day for a year, she could ignite and inspire an information uprising to end domestic violence, globally, in this decade.
If only we could ask her to be the HotPeachJay!
Katniss Everdeen! What a great celebrity spokesgirl for the HOT Peach Pages! Domestic violence is a crime. Spider-Man fights crime. Just peach it!
like it, tweet it, mail it! to everyone!
"My HotPeach is a magic flying carpet. Riding it makes me dizzy. Sometimes I can't feel my feet." —Tux, the Linux celebrity spokespenguin Microsoft makes me think of Bill Gates. Wouldn't it be great if The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funded the HotPeachPages? Especially after this fabu tag.
16 letters and a dot.
*Why Jeri Ryan? Cuz she's a celebrity in both the Alpha AND Delta Quadrants!
Day 1: Jeri Ryan wearing hotpeachpages.net.
Another 364 days to go.
HotPeachPages—easily within reach.
a woman has the right to be sultry & safe at the same time
14. hotpeachpages.net: six syllables. 16 letters and a dot.
HotPeach Penguin riding point for Jeri Ryan
When an abused woman is looking for help, a broken link won't cut it. HotPeachPages needs funding to maintain and add to the links.
Like my HotPeach pillow?
HotPeach has Jeri Ryan's front.
HotPeachPages—there when you need it. Love me—love HotPeach Penguin.
15. The HotPeachPages is everything a resource site needs to be—visual, comprehensive and well thought out.
HotPeach serenity. Bring it.
HotPeach Penguin has Jeri Ryan's back.
Jeri Ryan with HotPeach and some other random colours ( ;
Even when Jeri Ryan was very little, she wanted to do something that would help lots of people. As celebrity spokeswoman for the HotPeachPages, she'd be part of bringing about significant social change—worldwide.
A 24-carat peach. And the earring's very nice, too.
16. Together, we CAN spread the peach to millions of women around the world. Just tell everyone you know, and they'll tell everyone they know. Using facebook and twitter and , the peach could spread like viralfire.
... and everywhere.
... and there ...
... and there ...
HotPeach is always there when you need it ...
17. I am certain you have saved many lives with this valuable resource
Would you believe, when Jeri Ryan was little, her nickname was Peach?! She MUST be the one!
1 out of 5 women has been beaten at least once by a husband or partner. Abusers don't want their partners to know about the HotPeach Pages—all the more reason to spread the Peach.
HotPeach Penguin gets down with Jeri Ryan, maybe the HotPeachPages' first celebrity spokeswoman.
18. Space exploration is one of humankind's most awesome achievments—
Star Trek Voyager:
exploring the HotPeach Quadrant
Canadarm releasing HotPeach satellite into earth orbit. HotPeach Planet has the lowest rate of domestic violence in the universe.
We are PEACH. Resistance is futile.
19. Everyone in the world needs to know about the HotPeachPages.
So let's try a half turn to the left.
Nowhere in the world is a woman safe from violence. The strengthening global commitment to counteract this plague is a movement whose time has come.—UN Deputy Secretary-General Asha-Rose Migiro
Peaching the world, one tuft at a time.
20. The world can look awfully bleak and grey to someone who's being abused.
Light a fire under the powers that be!
hotpeachpages.net—16 letters and a dot.
We are HotPeach—at our very core.
21. Peach the grey world of abused women and children.
22. To help abused women in your community, you could make a donation, or put in some volunteer hours, or write to your local politician. Or you could seriously spread the peach to everyone you know. Everyone! How hard is that, with facebook and twitter and ? Spread the peach!
Spread the peach! hotpeachpages.net
Peach the beach! hotpeachpages.net
23. Imagine what Andy Warhol would produce in our computer/internet age, if only he were alive today. Imagine what abused women who are alive today could do with the HotPeachPages right now, if only they knew about it. It's up to each of us to spread the Peach—as far as we can.
And now ... the Andy Warhol HotPeach Peaches
Which ones are living with abuse? Can you tell at first glance? It could be anyone, so tell everyone.
The HotPeachPages can help with that.
HotPeach is the new orange.
Whoa, free at last. Thanks, HotPeachPages.
24. hotpeachpages.net may be a small sound bite, but it opens a global door.
Hey, if anyone looks like a pylon right now, it's me, Jeri Ryan! Pylons of the the world, arise. We are HotPeach! Resistance is futile. Join me. It is your destiny! We are as one! Etc!
Now I look like a pylon!
25. Six syllables. 16 letters and a dot. Easy. hotpeachpages.net Spread the peach!
Nine out of ten kittens prefer HotPeach
One of the appendages that built the HotPeachPages was unveiled yesterday at a private gathering. (photo by paparazzi)
Everything's better with a HotPeach.
27. If a man gives a woman a black eye, shame on him. If he keeps giving her black eyes, shame on her family, her friends. her neighbours, her doctor, the police, and everyone else in her world. Be there for her. Peach her world! Now!—HPP webmom
28. The HotPeachPages is everything a resource site needs to be—visual, comprehensive and well thought out.
29. Have you ever played around with image editing software, to see what the different tools do to the same image? Here's what Paint Shop Pro can make of HotPeach:
Brush strokes tool
Fridge magnet tool
Coloured pencil tool
Coloured foil tool: 1
'Make stuff shiny' tool
Drop shadow tool
More colours pencil tool
Coloured edges tool
Coloured foil tool: 2
30. More playing around with image editing software, to see what the different tools do to the same image. Here's more of what Paint Shop Pro can make of HotPeach:
Neon glow tool. But why is it blue?
Baby tiger tool
Porcupine tool. Cool, eh?!
Pinch tool. A lot like Picasso tool above.
Topography tool. Say that 10 times really fast!
Polished leather tool. Odd.
Wave tool. Not to be mistaken for Baby Tiger tool.
Isn't it beautiful? I am TRULY an artist.
31. Our agency receives calls from various places in the world. Nice to know the HotPeachPages is there to help us give assistance.
32. I love your HotPeachPages. A marvellous piece of work.
33. Men must teach each other that real men do not violate or oppress women, and that a woman’s place is not just in the home or the field, but in schools and offices and boardrooms.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
Canadian flag—peached, eh!
HotPeach celebrates July 4th with Lady Liberty!
key to stop
Pictured above: Jennifer Lawrence, Jeri Ryan, Oprah, HPP Webmom, Nicole Kidman, Megan Fox, Angelina Jolie, Star Trek Voyager cast, Bishop Desmond Tutu, Paul Williams, Justin Bieber, Queen Elizabeth II, Ellen DeGeneres, President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, Nelson Mandela, Eminem, Bill Gates, Melinda Gates, Salma Hayek, Warren Buffett, Michael Bolton, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, Tom Cruise, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, Christina Ricci, Dalai Lama, Royal Wedding Prince William and Kate, Cincinnati Bengals, COE Ad Hoc Committee on preventing and combating violence against women, Kate Middleton, Jennifer Lopez, Beyoncé, Drew Barrymore, Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Garner, Jojo, Christa Miller, Jennifer Aniston, Carrie Underwood, Gwen Stefani, Alicia Keys. Heidi Klum, Charlize Theron, Amanda Seyfried, Brittany Snow, Jennifer Hudson, Selena Gomez, Jessica Alba, Katie Holmes, Katherin Heigl, Cameron Diaz, Sandra Bullock, Megan Fox, Penelope Cruz, Eva Langoria, Gwyneth Paltrow, Michael Jordan, Samantha Ronson, Solange, Lindsay Lohan, Cobie Smulders, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, and some other people I haven't had the time to add yet.